Pages

Have a Dirty Martini

Though the official release date for my new Jack Daniels novel, Dirty Martini, is July 3, you should be able to find it right now at bookstores everywhere.

Library Journal said: "Mix witty repartee with edge-of-your-seat suspense, over-the-top killing devices, and action that never takes a breather, and you have Konrath's latest white-knuckle thriller. Not to be missed."

Booklist said: "Like Jeffrey Deaver, Konrath ratchets up the suspense until readers don't dare stop flipping the pages. A solid success for those who like to mix comedy with grit."

Publishers Weekly said: "Dirty Martini is a particularly potent mix of equal parts mirth and mayhem with a dash of sex and a twist (or two) of plot. It should be taken straight, no chaser needed."

Kirkus said: "The prose ranges from careless to wretched, and the plot demands a breathalyzer."

Ah, Kirkus. If I hadn't burst out into laughter when I read that, I might have been irritated.

I sent out a MySpace bulletin a few days ago, and got over 200 positive responses, plus my Amazon numbers for each book in the series jumped in conjunction with the bulletin. For those authors interested in using MySpace as a promo tool (which should be all of you) here's my post:

---------------------------------

Hello (your name here)!

I'm your close, personal MySpace Friend, thriller author JA Konrath.

I hope everything is going well where you live in the world. How about those local sports in your area? I never would have predicted that win or loss.

I check your MySpace page several times a day. I know you're busy with all of those cool things on your Profile, like that awesome music you listen to, the cool TV shows and movies you watch, and those wonderful hobbies you have. I love those pics you may have posted. You're a truly awesome man or woman!

If you have some free time this week or next, I have a tiny favor to ask. My new Lt. Jack Daniels mystery novel, DIRTY MARTINI, is now available in bookstores everywhere.

Please buy a copy. :)

It's a fast, fun, beach read kind of book, about a homicide cop hunting for a lunatic who is poisoning Chicago's food supply. There's a lot of humor (you'll laugh) and some scary parts. Plus, plenty of action, suspense, and a little bit of sex as well.

If you like books by James Patterson, Janet Evanovich, Tess Gerritsen, Christopher Moore, Patricia Cornwell, Dean Koontz, Dave Barry, Kay Hooper, Kathy Reichs, Sandra Brown, John Sandford, Carl Hiaasen, Ridley Pearson, Robert Crais, David Morrell, or Robert B. Parker, you'll really love this book.

If you like TV shows like CSI, Law and Order, The Closer, Bones, The Flintstones, Curb Your Enthusiasm, American Idol, Survivor, The Sopranos, Sex in the City, Deal or No Deal, or Oprah, you'll really love this book.

If you have a pulse and can read without moving your lips, you'll really love this book.

DIRTY MARTINI is a hardcover. For every book sold, I'll donate a portion of the funds to ending world hunger, by taking my family to a nice restaurant.

If you can't afford a hardcover, please pick up my new Jack Daniels paperback, RUSTY NAIL, available at bookstores everywhere. This one is even scarier that DIRTY MARTINI. If you liked Silence of the Lambs, or Blades of Glory, you'll love it.

Please buy a copy. :)

My books are also available on audio, so you can listen to them while travelling, or working out, or watching juggling videos on YouTube.

If you're so broke you can't even pay attention, you can get my books at the library. If your library doesn't carry them, demand that they do. Try yelling loudly and throwing things. That's how my son gets his way all the time. And he's 23.

Thanks so much for your time (Your Name Here)! I'm so happy we met on MySpace. You've enriched my life and made me a better person.

Please buy my books, or I'll start cutting myself.

Your Friend,

JA

----------------------------

I'm off to Italy for a week. My Italian publisher, Alacran Edizioni, is flying me out to do some signings for Whiskey Sour. I'm excited, and encourage the many Italian readers of this blog to seek me out while I'm there.

When I get back, I'm going to release my next newsletter, which will have info on past and upcoming contests, along with a touring schedule for Dirty Martini. I'm looking to visit the West Coast this time.

Until then, check out the latest Jack Daniels novel, and let me know if the prose really does range from careless to wretched. Better buy several copies and get your friends' opinions too.

Followers