Pages

Gifts for teachers

I have so many ideas that I'm wanting to put together for my daughter's 4K teacher.
However, I do not have all the information necessary to make some of the gifts
nor do I have all the products needed to make said gifts...yet.
So, I started with something that I've been wanting to do for a long time.
Personalized Push Pins
I've had this shrink film for over 8 months if not longer...
it's about time I start using it.

Naomi's teacher will be getting a personalized bag like this one
and I'll be filling it with things similar to this.

As part of the items that will go in the bag I started with making
little teacherish (did I just make up a new word?) push pins.
(Although I don't have the pins yet so this isn't completely done either).
You're just here to get some ideas anyway right?
Not see the completed product?
Well, I will share the completed project once it is completed
but for now let me share the personalized push pins with you.

What you need:
Shrink Film (can be found at JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby and probably Michaels)
Sharpie markers
Computer and printer (optional)
Push pins
Super glue

The great thing about this project is that you don't have to be "crafty" to make it look like you are.
This is a simple project that ANYONE can do!

A quick tutorial:
Open Microsoft Word and insert some teacherish clip art into a new document.
You might need to make some of them bigger but I didn't really need to make many of them bigger.
It just depends on what you want to make -jewelry, push pins, magnets- as they will shrink A LOT!

Print out your images, this is what you will trace over to get your push pins.
Put your shrink film on top of your print out and trace the images with your sharpies.

Once you have your image traced and colored in then cut it out.
You can punch a hole in it as well if you'd like it to be for a necklace or anything else that requires a place to hang it from (bookmark, etc).

Put the shrink film on parchment paper or wax paper on top of a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 2 minutes (read the directions on your package). The shrink film will curl up and then flatten out. Don't take it out of the oven till it's flat again. It will be plieable for a little bit if you want to make it wavy or curved but be warned it's VERY hot. It doesn't take long to cool though so if you want to make a different shape with it you need to do it quickly.

See how much the image shrunk?


 I think they're super cute!


I think the glue bottle and the scissors are my favorites!
The last step for me will be to get some flat top pins and super glue them to the shrinky dinks. I don't think hot glue will work at all for these, it would just peel right off.
I also plan to make this to stick in her bag.
Maybe some day I'll come up with an original idea...but why reinvent the wheel right?!!
Link up some of your favorite teacher gifts so I can get some more ideas!!!

Followers