Pages

Window Paintings - Pumpkins

Well, creative share this week brought some really fun ideas. And the party is growing fast. So excited to see all of you projects. I found one that I just had to do today! 

Did you see the beautiful painted pumpkins that Glory's Mischief linked up? Well once I saw it I was curious. I checked it out and LOVED it! I am into painting lately. LOL So I have to give a HAPPY shout out to Glory's Mischief and her Pumpkin Painting Tutorial. Thanks for the fabulous idea.

Here's Glory's Pumpkins
Beautiful eh?

Well I have a back door that has a plain glass window that I knew this project was for. So I had the paint already but no black. What to do. Hmmmm!!! I had some black paint pens. I was hoping they would work. Ummmm NOOO! Great. Now what??? Well I found a Prismacolor Premier black pen. So I tested it out. Yes it comes off the window just fine. SO I CAN USE IT!

But I am not the greatest at freehand. So here is what I did.....

I found a pumpkin online that was perfect. I printed it in 3 different sizes. Oh and I found a cute ghost and lil pumpkin too. I printed them out too. I knew I could do something with them as well.

To get started, I cut out each of the pumpkins and the ghost and taped them together on the door where I wanted them to go. (I taped it on the outside as I was painting from the inside.)


Then I traced from the inside. This was tricky because it's double paned and I have to admit I got a little dizzy. LOL First I traced a quick thin line and when I was done, I went over it again using the thicker end of the pen. My lines are a little silly because of the dizziness. Hee Hee. But this is my first time. I am sure I'll get better. But I am happy. It turned out cute. Oh and I only needed one coat with the pen. With paint you will want to do a few layers and let dry in between.


Since I used the pen, and it dried quickly, I was able to paint the orange right away. So I grabbed a paper plate, squeezed some orange on there and used a round sponge to dap it on. I liked the look of the sponge too. Again only one layer was all it took for this step.


Finally, I added in the white on the ghost and the green stem for the little pumpkin at the bottom. Aside from the squiggly line on the pumpkins, I am pleased with how this turned out. Next time I will use black paint. But for now, I will just say that they are spooky pumpkins because of the ghost and that's why the pumpkins have a wiggle in them. Ha! Ha!


I think using the printed pages helped me with my tracing. Let me know what works for you.

What have you painted on your windows?


Followers