Pages

LOL NYT

So I'm looking at the latest New York Times bestseller list, and their combined print and ebook bestsellers for the week ending March 5th.

John Locke and Amanda Hocking aren't on it, despite selling thousands of ebooks per day.

Neither am I.

The NYT has decided that indie book sales don't count.

On the 5th, my ebook The List was outselling Nancy C. Johnson's Her Last Letter, which did make the NYT list. Johnson is an indie (way to go Nancy!) but apparently the NYT doesn't have anyone on staff that can confirm that.

What are those people called?

Oh, yeah. Reporters.

So, am I angry at the NYT for snubbing me?

Hell, no. I'm amused.

Want to see something even more amusing?

Ain't life funny?

I'm outselling the NYT, plus I have a better star rating.

The same can be said about Slingo. And let's be honest. When it comes to integrity, Slingo also has the NYT beat.

Anyway, I don't want this blog to be about how stupid, backward, and ultimately irrelevant the NYT has become.

I don't want to waste my time raging against a dinosaur who continues to ignore the fact that the meteor has already hit the earth.

I don't need to have my name appear on a faulty, bullshit bestseller list to feel good about myself or my accomplishments, and I don't need recognition from a bunch of morons who would rather try to maintain the fading status quo than report the truth.

Instead, I would like to post a bestseller list of my own.

There are quite a few popular newspapers in the USA. Newspapers that sell many, many copies.

Here is Joe's Top 10 List of Bestselling Newspapers

1. USA Today (Arlington, Va.) 2,528,437
2. Wall Street Journal (New York, N.Y.) 2,058,342
3. Times (Los Angeles) 1,231,318
4. Post (Washington, DC) 960,684
5. Tribune (Chicago) 957,212
6. Daily News (New York, N.Y.) 795,153
7. Inquirer (Philadelphia) 705,965
8. Post/Rocky Mountain News (Denver) 704,806
9. Chronicle (Houston) 692,557
10. Post (New York, N.Y.) 691,420

I love unbiased reporting, don't you?

Followers