Pages

Scrambled Corn bread

A few weeks ago Jamie gave us a wonderful recipe for scrambled pancakes. If you didn't get to see it, visit HERE! It's so, so good and requested over and over in my house now! YUM!

Jamie inspired me to try something new. Last night, after a baseball game (our sons team won! ;) woo hoo!) we needed to make something quick for dinner. Yeah, I know scrambled pancakes is more of a dessert, lol, but the kids wanted them. And my hubby has wanted corn bread lately. So as I made the pancakes, I asked him if I should try corn bread this way. He said, "Why not!" So this morning I did!

I just mixed up some ready to make Corn bread mix. Just add water. Easy Peasy! And cooked them just like the scrambled pancakes.

...This is how they turned out...

Add butter and corn bread mix to the pan.
Continue to mix. The corn bread mix will by paste like.
Continue stirring and just break up with the spatula. Keep stirring until the corn bread begins to brown.
This is how it will look when you are done.
Let's sweeten these up a bit. Melt some butter and honey in the microwave.
Drizzle Honey Butter over your scrambled corn bread. 
Enjoy these with your favorite dinner. 
...You can also...
  1. When it is in the paste state, is to place it in mold, then bake for 8 minutes in oven at 375 degrees. Take out and brown on each side, using a little butter or oil. Kind of like corn cakes.
  2. Serve this with Chili. Just pour chili over the top, a little cheese and even add some cut, grilled hot dogs.
  3. Add in a can of sweet corn or a can of creamed corn. A little sugar and you've got a great dessert. YUM!
I am going to share the above ideas soon, with photos too! So come back to see! ;)

Followers