Pages

Sesame Chicken

My family has been eating this recipe of Sesame Chicken since I can remember. It was a great meal and an even better snack when we were on the road during my volleyball tournaments. I recently asked my mom for the recipe and made some up. We took ours with us on our camping trip. I knew they would be good to grill up or just eat cold when we were headed out quickly.

What you will need...
Boneless chicken thighs
50/50 soy sauce/water
minced garlic
lemon juice
Ad you can see from above I made a double batch. You will only need one baking pan for one package of chicken.
First you want to rinse all your chicken, remove large fat portions, add to your pan. Add in your soy sauce and water. Make sure they are equal parts. 50/50 Then, squeeze in some lemon juice. I used about 1 1/2 tablespoons per batch. Lastly, mix in your minced garlic and sprinkle on some sesame seeds. (you can leave the seeds out for those who don't care for or are allergic to them)
Below is what it should now look like. Cover and let marinade in fridge for 24 hours or at least 8 hours. I like to marinade a full day for best flavor.
Once you pull out your marinaded chicken, place your chicken on a baking sheet and spoon over some of the marinade.  Place in oven at 350° for about an hour or until done. Check chicken halfway and turn over.
And this is what you get when your done. Delicious Sesame Chicken to enjoy! Eat is now or let cool and place in large zip lock bags for later.
Other ways to cook this chicken...
You can BBQ this and add your favorite sauces.
If camping, and want to bake, place in baking pan and cover with foil. Slow cook (with some marinade) over campfire or propane flame. We did this and it was perfect.

This is a favorite of mine lately also because I can snack on it all day with my low carb diet. If I am in a rush in the morning, I just grab a couple pieces and go. Or at night, I heat them up and add my favorite sauce, some veggies and I have my meal. I love that it is so easy to prepare. I just ran out too! I need to run to the store for more. ;-)

Followers