Pages

Trendy Doggie Tutorial


Ok yesterday I was inspired by Elizabeth over at Twelve Crafts till Christmas to get out my sewing machine and make something {CUTE}

So here we have something for the {Trendy Doggie} in your life!

I stopped by Walmart on my way home yesterday from running an errand for hubby and found myself in the pet aisle. Last week we added the adorable {Pennie} to our family. With all my kids in school, I told hubby its a baby or a puppy. He said a baby was easier. LOL Silly boy! He loves Pennie!

So anyway....at Walmart I found these cute pre-made doggie blankets. One was black with white polka dots and the other was the pink with lighter pink bones. So cute. I was going to just sew those two together but then found myself in the material section. I saw this Zebra print and a cute pink with kitty's print. I knew they would be perfect. I wish there were pink puppies, but I thought the kitty's were cute too! Pennie won't mind. LOL

So to start today I picked the bone and zebra print. It turned out gorgeous.

What you will need....
  • Two pieces of fleece cut to your desired size ( I made mine on the smaller side for my mini-doxie ) But also went by the size of the original bone blanket. Just cut the zebra print accordingly. 
  • Gingerbread Man Template
  • Pins
  • Batting
  • Scissors
  • Thread and your sewing machine
  • ONE CUTE DOGGIE

First I trimmed the Pink Bone blanket to get all the finished edges off. It had rounded corners and I wanted square corners. Then I cut The zebra print by laying the pink fleece on top. I cut 1 1/2 inches extra around the whole blanket because I wanted to fold over the zebra print so it would show on the pink side. Giving it a border.


After everything was cut I started pinning it into place. I folded over the zebra print once, then tucked it under itself so there were no raw edges. Pinned it all the way around. Then you just run a straight stitch around the blanket. DONE It was so fast and easy.


As I was pinning the blanket I decided to make a lil toy too! So I printed out a gingerbread man template. Cut out two zebra print pieces, 2 pieces of batting for the inside and ran a straight stitch around it. I didn't care for the unfinished look of the edges. I made this quickly and didn't really do it how I liked. I would normally sew it inside out turn it and finish it. You can do that if you like, but since I didn't....I decided to give it a zig zag finish on the edges. I loved it and it was super fast. Oh but before I forget, I added a little heart to one side of the gingerbread man sides. I sewed it on with a zig zag too before I sewed the whole thing together.


I really {LOVE} how this project turned out. And the colors just make me think of Trendy!!! LOL So there you have it. A Trendy Doggie Tutorial.

If you have some fun Pet Projects...we'd love to see them. Link them up over on our Facebook Page and Upload photos too if you like!

Followers