Pages

Pinterest Challenge - Silhouette Room Decor


It's time for another Pinterest Challenge Party?

Don't forget to grab a party button HERE
Share the fun too! It would be great to see all those Pinterest inspired projects recreated.
Trendy Treehouse
Every Friday...stop by for the "Pinterest Party Challenge" 
You can link up posts related to a Pinterest inspired tutorial, recipes, projects, ect. Basically something you love, found on Pinterest that you want to make.

| Linky Party Rules |
  • Follow Trendy Treehouse via Google Friend Connect
  • Link up only posts related to this challenge. Not your home page
  • VERY IMPORTANT...Include a link to the original PIN. (where you got your inspiration) They deserve credit for their hard work too!
  • Please DO NOT link up none Pinterest related posts, shops or giveaways.
  • Share the i took the {PINTEREST} challenge button somewhere on your blog or in your post.
  • Visit at least 3 other link ups and leave meaningful comments.
  • Come back next week to see if your link has been featured and to share another fun Pin Inspired Project
Silhouette Room Decor
I saw THIS on Pinterest and it reminded me of the Silhouettes I made of my kiddos a few years back. So technichally this was not inspired, but it reminded me. LOL So check out mine below and I'll share how I made them too!
PLEASE READ...I am getting a few more link ups that don't apply and don't always have time to get them off right away. Please remember to only link up posts that relate to this part. You can link up all others to our Create and Share party on Wednesdays. Thanks!


...Silhouette Room Decor...
Remember I got my {PIN}spiration HERE.
These were very fun to make and the kids had fun helping me too!
To start I took a picture of my kids (profile of course) and printed it out on contact paper. Cut out the  profile and place on a piece of canvas. I used some 10 x 10 canvas found at Michael's Craft Store.
Next have the kids help sponge the canvas, using multiple colors. Don't worry about getting it on the contact paper, you are just going to remove it. Once you are done painting, just peel off the contact paper leaving a perfect silhouette of your cute kiddo. You can leave it plain or you can mod podge on some of their favorite images. Back then I even added the age of my two little ones on theirs.

Here is a close up of theirs.
I also made one on wood. On this one I wanted to use a whole photo and it turned out pretty darn cute. What do you think? When hung, it is diamond shaped.
I will be sharing photos of their rooms in the next couple of months. We are redecorating and painting. If I already mentioned this, Sorry! ;)
I loved how these look in their rooms. The kids are very proud of them and have even taken them to show and tell at school.

Followers